oved to tears, he stood there silently. 他静静地站在那里,被感动得热泪盈眶.
1. 表示感觉或心理状态的动词.如:see, watch, observe, look at, hear, listen to, feel, notice, think等. (1) I heard the song sung in English. 我听到有人用英语
唱过这首歌.(过去分词sung的动作显然先于谓语动作heard;) (2)_He found his hometown greatly changed. 他发现他的家乡变化很大.(过去分词changed的动作显然先于谓语动作found)
2. 表示"致使"意义的动词.如:have, make, get, keep, leave等.
(1) I'll have my hair cut tomorrow. 明天我要理发.
(2) He got his tooth pulled out yesterday. 他昨天把牙拔了.
(3) Don't leave those things undone. 要把那些事情做完.
3. 表示思维活动的动词如consider， know， think等后。如：
(1) I consider the matter settled. 我认为这件事解决了。
(2) I thought myself wronged somehow in the bargain. 我认为自己在这场交易中有受愚弄了。
4. 表示爱憎､意愿的动词如want， wish， like， hate等后。如：
(1) I wanted two tickets reserved. 我要预定两张机票。
(2) He didn’t wish it mentioned. 他不愿这事被提起。
He had his money stolen.他的钱给偷了.(被别人偷去了)
2. 过去分词所表示的动作由句中的主语所经历.如: He had his leg broken.他的腿断了. (自己的经历)
此结构中,过去分词用作介词 with的宾语补足语.这一结构通常在句中作时间,方式,条件,原因等状语. (1) The murderer was brought in, with his hands tied behind his back. 凶手被带进来了,他的双手被绑在背后.(表方式) (2) With water heated, we can see the steam. 水一被加热,我们就会看到水蒸气.(表条件) (3) With the matter settled, we all went home. 事情得到解决,我们都回家了.(表原因) (4)_She stood in front of him, with her eyes fixed on his face. 她站在他面前,眼睛注视着他. (5) He stood for an instant with his hand still raised. 他仍然举着手站了一会儿.
1. Mr. Smith, _______ of the ________ speech, started to read a novel.
A. tired; boring B. tiring; bored C. tired; bored D. tiring; boring
2. On getting to the kindergarten, the mother was glad to see her baby well _________.
A. looked for B. cared for C. take care of D. cared after
3. The two old sisters, _________ so long, held each other and burst into tears.
A. being separated B. having been separated
C. having separated D. had been separated
4. Let’s have a rest. The _______ work made me very ________.
A. tired; tired B. tiring; tiring C. tired; tiring D. tiring; tired
5. Just as the value of a telephone network increases with each new phone _________ to the system, so does the value of a computer system increase with each program that turns out.
A. adding B. to have added C. to add D. added
6. As we all know, newspapers, magazines and radios as well as television broadcasts can keep us ______ about what is happening in the world.
A. informing B. to inform C. informed D. being informed
7. Everyone was ________ by his _______ progress which he made during the two months.
A. surprised; surprise B. surprised; surprised
C. surprised; surprising D. surprising; surprising
8. When he turned around, he found a pair of eyes _________ him.
A. looking B. watch at C. fixing on D. staring at
9. The film you saw last light was made _________ on a true story that happened many years ago. A. base B. to be based C. based D. basing
10. After _______ his work, the teacher came to help me with my English.
A. finished B. being finished C. having finished D. be finishing
11. Follow the directions on the bottle carefully when __________the medicine.
A. you will take B. taking C. to take D. taken
12. The students, ________ their teachers, came home.
A. followed B. follow C. following D. will follow www.ks5u.com
13. The long-lasting war, filled with blood and deaths, ended in people’s sadness, _______ no result. A. reached B. to reach C. would reach D. reaching
14. They spent the night _________ in the room.
A. having locked B. locking C. to be locked D. locked
15. He wrote a letter to the king ___________.
A. hoping to be set free B. to set him free C. so that be set free D. asked to be set free
16. Steven has devoted all his life to _______ films, and Kate, his wife, is also ________ to the duty of her profession.
A. make; devoted B. making; devoting C. making; devoted D. make; devoting
17. ________ in the dark, his head hit against a tree.
A. Walking B. He was walking C. Walked D. When he was walking
18. Time should be made good use ________ our lessons well.
A. of learning B. to learn C. to learning D. of to learn
19. The film, ________ true story of this Red Army general, attracted people’s interest all over the country.
A. is based on B. is on the base of
C. which is the base of D. based upon
20. She returned home from the market only to find the door open and a number of things_______.
A. stole B. missing C. missed D. losing
21. _________ it rains, we will stay at home.
A. Supposed B. Supposing C. To suppose D. If suppose
22. _________ with yours, our library is _________ too small a size.
A. Comparing; in B. Comparing; of C. Compared; in D. Compared; of
23. It’s dangerous to carry a hot pan with ________ oil.
A. burning B. burnt C. burn D. burns
24. We were told that the stone figure _______ back to the 16th century was of great value.
A. dated B. dating C. coming D. kept
25. The boy lay on his back, his teeth _______ and his glaring eyes _______ straight upwards.
A. set; looked B. set; looking C. setting; looked D. setting; looking
26. ________ in the forest, he had to ask for help by sending out signals.
A. Having lost B. Losing C. Lost D. He was lost
27. The Golden Gate Bridge, ________ several hundred years ago, is worldwide famous.
A. which is built B. which built C. having built D. built
28. I suggested the cheat _________ into prison.
A. referred to being put B. referred be put
C. referred should be put D. referred to be put
29. ___________, I went out for a walk.
A. There was nothing to do B. There being nothing to do
C. There had nothing to do D. Had nothing to do
30. He returned home to learn that the girl ________ had been married the secretary village.
A. became engaged to him B. was engaged to him
C. engaged to him before D. got engaged to him
31. __________ at failing in the maths exam, John wouldn’t like to talk about it to his parents.
A. Disappointed B. To be disappointed C. Disappointing D. Having disappointed
32. _________ in the dark cave, he was not afraid of bein
   下一页