1. Learn and master the following everyday English:
Possibility and impossibility
I / She / He can / may…
I / She / He may not…
It is likely that…
It is possible that …
He / She is not likely to…
2. Do some listening and writing.
3. Review the Attribute and the useful expressions in this unit.
Teaching Important Points
1. Make the students learn the expressions for possibility and impossibility.
2. Improve the students’ listening ability and writing ability.
Teaching Difficult Points
1. Use the expressions for possibility and impossibility correctly.
2. Make correct sentences with some phrases.
1. Listening-and-choice activity to help the students go through the listening material.
2. Make simple dialogue to practise the students’ speaking ability.
Pair work to train the students’ writing ability.
Step 1 Revision
Check the homework exercises.
Get Ss to retell the story about Clare Flower.
Step 2 Preparation for listening
SB Page 54, Part 1. Wb Listening, Unit 21. Tell the Ss we’re going to listen to a story about a store detective in London. A store detective works in a shop and looks out for people who are stealing things. Then read aloud the task in Ex. 1 and make sure the Ss under