Unit 6 必会习语
Warming up & Speaking
1. apologize to sb. for sth/doing sth 因…向…道歉
make an apology to sb. for sth/ doing sth
2. mean + n./doing sth 意思是;意味着
mean +n. /to do sth/ that-clause 打算;意欲;有…的意图
mean sb to do sth. 打算(使/让)某人作某事
He meant no harm to you. / He meant you no harm.
He means his son to become a doctor.
Table Manners At A Dinner Party
3. for the first time “第一次” (作状语)
the first time “第一次”(相当于连词引导时间状语从句)
This is the first time that…. “这是第…次作某事了” (从句中用完成时)
On that day the scientist took us to the lab for the first time.
The first time we met, she wore a pair of glasses.
This is the first time that I have been here.
4. make / leave / create a good impression (on sb)
留下好印象 impress on sb
5. be impressed by/with 对...留下印象
6. drink a toast 祝酒 drink to+n. 为...干杯
7. start with = begin with 以…开始
-end up with 以…结束 -end in failure
8. keep silent 保持沉默
9. for a moment(一会儿); in a moment(过一会儿);
at the moment(此时); after a moment(过了一会儿)
for the moment(暂时); at any moment(随时)
10. at the table 在桌前 at table 在吃饭
in the hospital / in hospital
in the prison / in prison /go to the prison /go to prison
in the church / in church / go to the church / go to church