（一）hundred, thousand, million, billion
1. 与具体数词one, two, several, some, any连用时，用单数形式；five hundred people
2. 与of连用时，用复数形式，不能再加数词；hundreds of people成百上千,
--Nine pounds a week?--That’s good. A. hundred of B. hundreds of C. hundred
--What do you think of a war?-- people had to leave their hometown.
A. three thousands B. thousand of C. thousands of D. several thousands
3. 与连字符连用，名词不加s 例：He wrote a letter. A. five-hundred-words B. five-hundreds-word C. five-hundred-word D. five-hundred-words
1/2：a(one) half；1/3：a(one) third；2/3：two thirds；1/4：a(one) quarter(fourth)；
例：In our class of the students girls.
A. three fifths, is B. three fifth, are C. three fifths, are D. three fifth, is
（三）年代和岁数的表达：年代，in the 1960s(或in the 1960’s) 20世纪60年代；
岁数，in one’s thirties 在某人30多岁时。
1. John began to make a living by himself .
A. in his twenty B. in his twenties C. in the twenty D. in the twenties
2. I went to college in and began to work in .
A. the 1980s, twenty B. the 1980’s, my twenties C. 1980, my twentywww. zk5u. com
例：--Do you have enough students to carry the boxes?---No, I think we need students. A. another B. three others C. more three D. three more
基础知识：www. zk5u. com
（一）基数词：1. 1~12 one, two, three, four等；
2. 13~19 加teen；thirteen, fourteen, fifteen等；
3. 整十词尾加ty；twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, eighty, ninty.
（二）序数词：表第几，first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, twelfth,
1. Though I failed four times, my father encouraged me to have a try.
A. second B. third C. fourth D. fifth
2. Both of the two rulers are broken. I want to buy a one.
A. three B. third C. fourth D. /
（三）编号的表示：Lesson Three, Book Two, Room 803
（四）年、月、日的表示：October 1st，2008 July 7，2006
（五）时间的表示：at six o’clock六点整，twenty past four(seven twenty) 7点20分，ten to four 3点50分，half past four 4点半。www. zk5u. com
练 习www. zk5u. com
1. The water behind the Three Gorges Dam should be higher than downstream(下游).
A．sixty-five metre B. sixty-five metres
2. Our teachers’ office is on .
A. the three floors B. floor third C. the third floor D. three floors
3. It is said that SARS has killed more than people worldwide.
A. three hundreds B. three hundred C. three hundreds’ D. three hundred’s
4. December is the month of the year. A. twenty B. twelve C. twelfth
5. ---Where are the students?---Are they in ?
A. the Room 406 B. Room 406 C. the 406 Room D. 406 Room
6. Kate won the race in the summer sports meeting.
A. 100-metre B. 100-metres C. 100 metre D. 100 metres
7. of the teachers in our school is about one hundred, and of them are women teach-
ers. A. The number, two thirds B. The number, two third C. A number, three quatters
8. Lucy is very excited because today is her birthday.
A. nineth B. nine C. the ninth D. ninth
9. The desk is wide. A. two and half feet B. two and one half foot
C. two and half a foot D. two and a half feet
10. About of the workers in the factory are women.
A. third fifths B. third fifth C. three fifths D. three fifthwww. zk5u. com