Review of units 1—3
As he explored the sea，he took a lot of pictures.
As the car is expensive，we can’t buy it.
As everybody has come，we can set off.
as soon as 一……就
As soon as he arrived in France，he called me.
Xiao Li is as tall as his brother.
Your jacket is as new as mine.
He speaks French as fluently as you.
Wang Ying teaches maths as conscientiously as her sister.
2. a few；few；a little；little
few或a few在句中修饰可数名词，后接可数名词复数；也可用来代替复数名词。其中few表示否定，意为“几乎没有”，a few则表示肯定，意为“有一些”。
Few people lived here many years ago．
Look！You made a few mistakes in your homework．
little或a little在句中修饰或代替不可数名词。其中little表示否定，意为“几乎没有”，a little表示肯定，意为“有一点”。
—How much wine did he have last night？
—Just a little．
Hung up，we have little time left．
All of them felt a little tired．So they stopped to have a rest．
Lucy runs a little faster than I．
3. a little和a bit
a bit和a little通常可互换，也可修饰动词、形容词、副词。但在修饰名词时有区别：a little可直接修饰不可数名词；而a bit则要与of搭配才能修饰名词。
Please open the windows．It's a bit hot．
This morning he only had a bit of milk for breakfast．
not…a little意为“非常、很多、不少”，相当于very或quite等；而not…a bit则表示“一点也不”，相当于not at all等。
The boy isn't a bit hungry．
The boy isn't a little hungry．
We all passed the exam besides Tom.
He answered all the questions except the last one.
All of them went to Beijing last summer besides Tom.
There aren’t any other people to be considered besides/except/but you.
I didn’t look anywhere besides/except in your bedroom.
(4)but和except都可以和for连用，构成短语；也可跟 that 从句做宾语。
l asked nothing from him but/except that he should write to me every other week．
You can't succeed in the exam but/except that you will work still harder．
1. There be …
另外，There be句型有一些扩展形式：There + live（lie，stand，come，go）＋主语＋其它。
(1)Once upon a time，there lived a king.
(2)There goes the bell.
(3)On the hill（there）stands a house.
注意此句：There will have a class meeting this Thursday afternoon.是错误的。
应将其改为：There will be a class meeting this Thursday afternoon.
对there be句型中的主语提问时，无论主语是单数还是复数都用“What’s + 地点状语？”
There are five apples on the plate.→What’s on the plate?
2. too…to，so…that…和enough to do sth. 的句式在一定的情况下可以互换。
(1)在肯定句中含so … that …的复合句可以转换成含有enough to do sth. 结构的句子。
He worked so hard that he finished the work in time.
→He worked hard enough to finish the work in time.
If your son feels well enough to watch TV by then，he’ll be fine after the game.
→If your son feels so well that he can watch TV by then，he’ll fine after the game.
(2)在具有否定意义的句中，三者可以相互转换，但应注意too…to在和enough to do sth. 与so…that…转换时，应用句中形容词的反义词或将that从句改为否定句。
He is too young to join the army.
→He is so young that he can’t join the army.
或：He isn’t old enough to join the army.
(3)如果so…that…结构中主句和从句的主语不是一致的，应在enough to do sth和too…to结构中的不定式前加上“for sb.（sth.）”的短语。
English is so useful that all of us should learn it well.
→English is useful enough for us to learn well.
The maths problem is so difficult that I can’t work it out.
→The maths problem is too difficult for me to work out.
或: The maths problem isn’t easy enough for me to work out.
He likes swimming in Summer.（表示习惯爱好）
It’s very hot. He would like to（have a）swim.
1. The new hospital is a big b_ _l_ _ng.
2. Some sc_ _nt_ _ts believe that there will be such robots in the future.
3. They help their mother with the h_ _s_ _ork.
4. We buy a t_ _k_t to get a seat on a bus，train，or airplane.
5. It’s a lovely p_rr_t，isn’t it?
6. There is a big k_t_h_n in the house.
1. There is going to ______ a sports meeting in our school next week.
2. ______ I open the window? It’s so warm here.
3. He doesn’t know _____ English because he has studied it for only ______ weeks.
A. much，a few
C. few，a little
D. a few，a little
4. －______ is it from our school to Beijing?
－About half an hour’s bus ride. Shall we go and visit it?
A. How long
C How far
D. How much
5. The sun is _______ from us than the moon.
A. more father
B. much farther
C. very far
D. more far
6. There _______ a sports meeting in our school next week.
A. will have
B. will be
C. will hold
7. This film is worth _______.
D. to read
8. There are _____ people in the park during holidays.
A. so many
B. such many
C. many too
D. many such
After breakfast I got out my 1 ，I had to do my math homework on Saturday. 2 I think we never need to 3 math in our daily lives. 4 can do all our counting，can't they? I spent the whole 5 doing the math exercises. My mother watched me all the time.
At 6 I finished all! My mother was pleased. But I said in my heart，“I 7 math!”
Soon after 8 ,Mother said,“Wendy，it's already time for you to do your 9 homework!”Geography! How I like geography! I like Mr. Tomlinson. He always takes us 10 the world in his class. Mr. Tomlinson asked us to plan a trip to Egypt. I made my plan 11 . It 12 me nearly the whole afternoon. Mother was a bit 13 . She asked，“When will you do your other homework ?”So I had to spend the 14 evening not watching TV but 15 homework.
1. A. workbook B. note C. text D. story
2. A. Though B. Because C. But D. So
3. A. learn B. teach C. study D. use
4. A. Parents B. Computers C. Teachers D. Friends
5. A. evening B. afternoon C. morning D. night
6. A. last B. first C. least D. most
7. A. feel like B. hate C. love D. like
8. A. lunch B. breakfast C. dinner D. supper
9. A. French B. English C. geography D. maths
10. A. with B. for C. to D. around
11. A. fast B. carefully C. careless D. quickly
12. A. took B. spent C. cost D. used
13. A. sad B. worried C. happy D. angry
14. A. some B. whole C. all D. most
15. A. do B. to do C. doing D. did
It's eight in the morning. Mr. Robert is free from work. He is now looking through a list of TV programs with his little son Tony.
7: 30 Morning News
14:40 Olympic Games: women's tennis single final
15:30 Arts and Cultures
16:50 Cartoon: Crayon Shinchan
18:20 Olympic Games: men's table tennis double final
9:00 Chinese History
10:30 Cartoon: King Lion
21:15 Traveling in China
22: 30 Olympic Games: special report
9:55 Olympic Games: men's 100-metre race final
11:40 Olympic Games: the Olympic Rings(环)
20:40 TV serials: Sunrise
22:09 Film: Spiderman
23:57 Olympic Gram: men's high jump final
1. Mr. Robert plans to watch TV in the morning and he doesn't show much interest in sports and games. Which channel would he like to choose?_______.
A. Channel 2.
B. Channel 8.
C. Channel 9.
D. Channel 2 and Channel 9.
2. At night，Mr. Robert wants to know the results of the Olympic Games of the day，he may choose _______.
A. Channel 2，women's tennis single final
B. Channel 2，men's table tennis double final
C. Channel 8，men's high jump final
D. Channel 9，special report
3. Tony likes cartoons very much. But he isn't allowed to watch them in the morning. He has to finish his homework first. So which program can he choose?_______.
A. Crayon Shinchan.
D. King Lion.
4. Tony is a basketball fan. What will he feel after reading through the list?_______.