1. free 空闲的,有空的, 反义词为 busy. be free 有空,闲着,相当于 have time.
I’ll be free next week. = I’ll have time next week.
2. How come? 怎么会? 怎么回事?表示某件事情很奇怪,有点想不通;可单独使用,也可引导一个问句, 相当于疑问句 why, 但 how come 开头的特殊疑问句使用的仍然是陈述语序。
How come Tom didn’t come to the party? = Why didn’t Tom come to the party?
3. stay up late 指“熬夜到很晚,迟睡”。 Don’t stay up late next time.
stay up 指“熬夜,不睡觉”。 He stayed up all night to write his story.
4. go to bed 强调“上床睡觉”的动作及过程,但人不一定睡着。I went to bed at eleven last night.
-go to sleep 强调“入睡,睡着,进入梦乡”。 She was so tired that she went to sleep soon.
5. find + 宾语 +名词, 发现 : We have found him (to be) a good boy.
find + 宾语 + 形容词, 发现: He found the room dirty.
find + 宾语 + 现在分词, 发现 : I found her standing at the door.
6. percent 百分数, 基数词 + percent: percent 没有复数形式,作主语时,根据所修饰的名词来判断谓语的单复数。 Forty percent of the students in our class are girls. Thirty percent of time passed.
7. more than 超过,多于,不仅仅, 相当于 over. 在句型转换中考查两者的同义替换。反义词组为:less than. I lived in Shanghai for more than / over ten years.
8. afraid 形容词, 担心的,害怕的,在句中作表语,不用在名词前作定语。
I’m afraid we can’t come here on time.
be afraid of sb / sth 害怕某人 / 某事; be afraid of doing sth. 害怕做某事。
Some children are afraid of the dark. Don’t be afraid of asking question.
I’m afraid + 从句, 恐怕, 担心: I’m afraid I have to go now.
9. sometimes , sometime, some times , some time 的区别:
sometimes 频度副词, 有时。表示动作发生的不经常性,多与一般现在时连用,可位于句首、句中或句末。Sometimes I get up very early.